|Number of Awards
||Until December 1
200 Park Ave.
Are you the first in your family to pursue a college education? That gives you a powerful advantage.
You know what it is to make your own success in the world. You dream big and keep your eye on the prize. The McKelvey Foundation celebrates that drive and determination by awarding 150 scholarships to high school seniors who’d be the first in their families to attend college. Dedicated and involved students whose resources may be limited, but whose ambitions are not.
To be considered for this award, applicants must:
* You must attend a partnering high school in the states of NY, PA or WV
* Be a first generation to attend college (neither mother nor father went to college)
* Have financial need
* Show involvement in work and/or extra curricular activities
* Submit a completed online application
* Fill out a FAFSA form to apply for all other financial aid
* Attend a four-year college within their home state
Other things you should know:
* Awards will be granted up to $3,000 per year for all four year
* Scholars must maintain a 2.5 GPA
* The Foundation will sponsor a mandatory one day seminar for all winners during the spring/summer as an orientation to college and the Foundation
* $2,500 will be available to each scholar for a study abroad program